Jackie Jones is a Barbadian-British Creative Content Developer, based in Belgium. She coined the term Carib speculative, a speculative fiction genre, and is also the founder of lifestyle website Fudge.
Blogging: Regular blog posts. Visit blog.
Working: Writing new stories and scripts, creating Carib Speculative Fiction, Ink and Insights judge, course creation, content development and consulting, select services. See a sample of past projects here.
Playing: Travel (pre-pandemic), cooking/baking, fitness, Netflix binges, gaming, finding great beers (not as much of late), spending time with family and friends.
Get in touch here.
About Pages Unforgotten
This was initially my blog site at wordpress.pagesunforgotten.com. I blogged from 2011 – 2016 before archiving all posts. It seemed right that the place it all began should be my virtual home now :).
About My Hometown
I grew up in Barbados. It’s a beautiful (truly) little island in the Caribbean (166 sq miles – yes, seriously). Like people in every country, Barbadians have nuances that are unique to us – like something called a “stupse” which is a mouth sound used for various reasons. If you want to know more about the island, Totally Barbados gives a good round-up.
How I got here…
My life has come full circle in many ways. As a teen I submitted my first book to a “publisher” . . . or so I thought. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, and Google search wasn’t as sophisticated back then. I’d actually submitted to an anime studio (lol).
Over the years I tried my hand at what I really wanted – to be a traditionally published international bestselling author. I later decided to self-publish and some years later (for various reasons), removed these stories from sales sites. Despite setbacks, including ignoring my dreams for a while, I’m here now ^_^.
Pages Unforgotten shares my current journey, introduces you to the genre I call Carib Speculative fiction, lets you glimpse the past in Archived Posts, and more, all delivered in various mediums site-wide :).
My favourite genres to write & read include:
Action & Adventure
Thriller & Mystery
Carib Speculative (definition): Speculative stories based in the Caribbean, with strong references to Caribbean culture, and/or featuring a main character of Caribbean descent who portrays elements of Caribbean peoples’ behaviour, slang, or other related attributes. Learn more.
Random Facts About Me
– Prefer red meat to white.
– Cooking and baking help me relax.
– I still love World of Warcraft and played for nearly ten years before stopping (recently started back).
– I re-watch Arrested Development episodes almost nightly.
– I wrote and directed a sci-fi/drama series on a “little-no” budget – we decided to shelf it till a bigger budget could do it justice.
– I’m a huge fan of Primark stores, Waitrose products, and Black Barrel Rum (Barbados).
– I low-key began the path to beer connoisseur(ish).
– I don’t fan girl over celebrities, but over characters. Lagertha from Vikings anyone?
– At twelve, Christopher Pike’s The Last Vampire series made me fall in love with spec fic ^_^.
Learn more about me in this post :).