Jackie Jones is a Barbadian-British writer and creative content developer, based in Belgium. She coined the term Carib speculative, a speculative fiction genre, and is also the founder of lifestyle website Fudge.
Stories: Many stories to choose from with new ones added periodically. Read here.
Blogging: Regular blog posts. Visit blog.
Working: Writing new stories and scripts, story mentorship and developmental editing critiques, content development, Ink and Insights judge, offers designed specifically for writers. See a sample of past projects here.
Playing: Travel (pre-pandemic), cooking/baking, fitness, Netflix binges, games, finding great beers (not as much of late), spending time with family and friends.
Get in touch here.
About Pages Unforgotten
This was initially my blog site at wordpress.pagesunforgotten.com. I blogged from 2011 – 2016 before archiving all posts. It seemed right that the place it all began should be my virtual home now :).
About My Hometown
I grew up in Barbados. It’s a beautiful (truly) little island in the Caribbean (166 sq miles – yes, seriously). Like people in every country, Barbadians have nuances that are unique to us – like something called a “stupse” which is a mouth sound used for various reasons. If you want to know more about the island, Totally Barbados gives a good round-up.
How I got here…
My life has come full circle in many ways. As a teen I submitted my first book to a “publisher” . . . or so I thought. I didn’t know what the hell I was doing, and Google search wasn’t as sophisticated back then. I’d actually submitted to an anime studio (lol).
I’m disrupting the way we view writing and publishing in general. Pages Unforgotten shares my current journey, stories past and present, and other aspects of my life. It also introduces you to the genre I call Carib speculative fiction.
Bookmark my site to always find your way back :).
My favourite genres to write & read include:
Action & Adventure
Thriller & Mystery
Carib Speculative (definition): Speculative stories based in the Caribbean, with strong references to Caribbean culture, and/or featuring a main character of Caribbean descent who portrays elements of Caribbean peoples’ behaviour, slang, or other related attributes. Learn more.
Random Facts About Me
– Prefer red meat to white.
– Cooking and baking help me relax.
– I still love World of Warcraft and played for nearly ten years before stopping (recently started back).
– I re-watch Arrested Development episodes almost nightly.
– I wrote and directed a sci-fi/drama series on a “little-no” budget – we decided to shelf it till a bigger budget could do it justice.
– I’m a huge fan of Primark stores, Waitrose products, and Black Barrel Rum (Barbados).
– I low-key began the path to beer connoisseur(ish). Stopped as I haven’t felt like drinking much for months.
– I don’t fan girl over celebrities, but over characters. Lagertha from Vikings anyone?
– At twelve, Christopher Pike’s The Last Vampire series made me fall in love with spec fic ^_^.
Learn more about me in this post :).