Hey lovelies! Caught up with American Horror Story finally and looking forward to follow-up episodes. At first I was a bit concerned regarding where the plot was heading (put me in mind of the 2007 film Teeth, which involved ‘teeth’ where they were not supposed to be), but was glad when they veered to a more intriguing path. I won’t give spoilers in case any of you are watching and are behind, but I will at least say that I appreciate the way their ‘witchy universe’ works, especially the hierarchy. From witches to wolves, here are this week’s . . .
1) The winner of this week’s The Wardens: Skins (Episode 1) giveaway, was from ‘Facebook,’. Congrats again Kevin Thomas! More giveaways will be coming in the near future.
2) The Wardens: Howl (Episode 2) will be released on Amazon on Sunday, November 10, 2013. That’s this Sunday. So excited about the positive feedback so far and look forward to you all reading the series :).
3) Been trying to juggle my personal work (writing, editing) with the organisation I work with called Generation Write. It is dedicated to all things reading and writing and there will be more news about it in the very near future. I’m glad that it’s allowing me to flex my ‘muscles’ as I’ve not only been able to have more consulting sessions recently with newbie writers, but also with regard to manuscript formatting and proof-reading. See ‘I am successful’ is a good mantra to have ^_^.
4) The Blog Collection is also to be released soon. What’s that? Well it’s a free offering of a number of short stories and flash fiction that can be found right here on my blog, all compiled for your reading pleasure. *Excited*
5) Finally, my six month work out challenge continues. Why did I decide on six months? I wanted to give myself the time to go slowly when I needed to and avoid another injury. I’m already seeing wonderful results, so hoping to meet a February 2014 challenge imposed by a friend — a few sprints around the Garrison Savannah (A race track here in Barbados where people often exercise). I’ll be at about four months then so it should be a breeze *fingers crossed*.
Wishing you all a wonderful weekend and I’ll see you Monday!
N.B: Those of you who’ve been with me for six months or longer, please note that the original Friday format has changed from featuring a blogger each Friday, to once a month. You can also read about some of the crazy things that have happened in my life using the keywords Jackie Reveals. Additionally, check out Caribbean Dos and Don’ts ‘here’.
If you would like your book considered for review, please contact me in the comments section or contact form below.