Thank you so much Kim Cox for nominating me for the Liebster Award, it isn’t Friday Highlights, but you all should definitely check out her great blog ‘here’
This award comes with some rules, so strap in as today’s post will be much longer than usual :).
1) When you receive the award, you post 11 random facts about yourself and answer the 11 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
2) Pass the award onto 11 other blogs (while making sure you notify the blogger that you nominated them!)
3) You write up 11 NEW questions directed towards YOUR nominees.
4) You are not allowed to nominate the blog who nominated your own blog!
5) You paste the award picture into your blog. (You can Google the image, there are plenty of them!)
11 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT ME
1) I live in a tropical island (love my home), yet heat can be very annoying to me and used to make me feel ill.
2) I was the co-lead singer in a hard rock band for a few years.
3) I seem to have taken a step backwards with my tastes in alcohol so now my favourite (when I do drink) is red wine a nice cold beer ^-^.
4) When I’m truly afraid I become very, very quiet.
5) I love food and so have to try to stick to some kind of workout routine to counteract this foodie love lol.
6) Copenhagen (Denmark) is one of my favourite places on Earth.
7) I’m very passionate about my family and those closest to me.
8) I love Barbadian folk music.
9) My first novel was written when I was 15. (No you can’t have my current age lol.)
10) I have oatmeal or whole grain bran flakes nearly everyday for breakfast.
11) I love having positive, driven people surrounding me, especially since I spent many years on the flip side.
KIM’S 11 QUESTIONS AND THEIR ANSWERS
Q. What were you doing the last time you really had a good laugh?
A) Last night during a quick game with a friend, a dragon we had to kill kept killing us, then, just when we thought we had it and were pre-celebrating, the dragon literally blew us off a cliff. Had to laugh at the irony.
Q. What is more difficult for you; looking into someone’s eyes when you are telling someone how you feel, or looking into someone’s eyes when they are telling you how they feel?
A) Definitely the first.
Q. Neat freak or chaos theory?
A) A bit of both.
Q. You are walking down the street on your way to work. There is a dog drowning in the canal on the side of the street. Your boss has told you if you are late one more time you get fired. What do you do?
A) Hope someone else is walking by as if the water is deep enough, I’d probably do more harm than good — can’t swim. (Yes, yes, I know “you live on an island J.”)
Q. At a movie theater which arm rest is yours?
A) Give me all your powerrrr! Okay really, the right.
Q. You are at the doctor’s office and she has just informed you that you have approximately one month to live. a) Do you tell anyone/everyone you are going to die? b) What do you do with your remaining days?
A) Hm, I tell those closest to me, we probably cry (a lot) and then we live it up.
Q. What is your quirkiest habit and how long have you had it?
A) Okay, my quirkiest has to stay under wraps, but one of the quirkier habits I have is having to make sure doors are locked and the gas is turned off :S — for as long as I can remember.
Q. If the professor on Giligan’s Island can make a radio out of coconut, why can’t he fix a hole in a boat?
A) He used all the available materials on the radio duh! Lol.
Q. What song always makes you happy when you hear it?
A) Would I be pelted at if I say Gangnam Style? Lols, they’re many but that one just popped to mind.
Q. Tattoos or no? If so, how many, where and what do they look like and if not, have you ever thought of getting one?
A) One, a tribal butterfly. Where – lips zipped.
Q. What is on the walls of the room you are in?
A) My vision board :), the rest is just paint ^-^.
MY 11 LIEBSTER NOMINEES
THE BETTER MAN PROJECT
11 QUESTIONS FOR THE NOMINEES
1) What gift do you most want for Christmas this year?
2) What is your biggest irrational fear?
3) Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
4) You are given the power of flight, where would you most like to visit?
5) What job would you never want to do and why?
6) When you wake up in the morning, what are your first thoughts?
7) What makes you happiest?
8) Did you know what the Liebster Award was before you were nominated?
9) What do you see as your greatest achievement so far?
10) You have a hot tub time machine, what do you say to the 10-year-old you?
11) What is your favourite guilty pleasure tv-show?
Did you stay with me till the end? Lol. Have amazing days everyone and I’ll see you Friday :).