Hey wonderful readers, how have your weeks been? Mine’s been busy, but more on that later. Right now, I want to introduce our featured blogger :):
Maria Tatham is a lovely individual, who shares her work, thoughts and ideas on her blog ‘Christian Fantasy For Women’ . I absolutely adore the medieval style of some of the work presented on her site, as she opens up new windows into the exciting and often terrifying, world of fairytales. In addition, she describes her novel The Queen and the Handyman ( ‘Read an excerpt here’ ) as ‘a coming-of-age tale, and a marriage of high fantasy and supernatural thriller’. Tell me, what could possibly keep you away? Make sure you visit :).
For those new to this page, each Friday I highlight a remarkable blogger, and give updates on my literary progress.
1) Much like last week, I quite possibly should change my name to Edit Editon of Crunch Time Estates. If that doesn’t say it all — I have been editing; a lot.
2) I’ve also restarted the dark fantasy, but think it may once again have to be put on the sidelines, as I’m still caught up in the YAntasy world of fae.
3) It looks like I will make the deadline to submit the last of my work, but in order to do that, I’ll have to get in critical time today and tomorrow.
4) One of my beta readers asked me about a practice that confused her in my first YAntasy, which has a British setting (she’s Canadian). It’s always interesting to me how what is so natural for one culture, can be so strange for another. Her questions made me consider changing that segment to a more universal memory (for the character), but, I think I’ll leave it at least for now. My beta’s genuine interest was charming to me and I thought, what a cool way for people of different cultures to learn things about each other. Of course, if an editor wants it chopped — I’m flexible ^^.
5) I’m going to make some changes to my ‘Facebook Page’ soon. I want it to be more interactive for all the lovely people who make the decision to like :).
On that note, I want to thank all of you, your support is absolutely invaluable and I truly appreciate it. Have a fabulous weekend readers! Be safe, be happy and do something nice for another person :). Check out the new Caribbean Don’t ‘here:’ and I will see you all Monday :D.