Hey lovely readers, everyone ready to take on the weekend? I’m still waking up, but, I’ll get there with you soon :). First I want to welcome all my new followers, your support is greatly appreciated.
This week, my blogosphere spotlight falls on a gifted photographer. He is Patrick Latter, who according to his ‘About’ page is ‘a programmer with a passion for all things photography and hiking’ and it shows. His photographs are breathtaking and easy to draw inspiration from. In addition, the way he documents his journeys in short little snippets, is a fun and engaging way that anyone can enjoy. Check him out here: ‘Canadian Hiking Photography’
Now, what have I been up to on my side of the fence?
1) It’s been really hot here and for me, a person who doesn’t thrive in this kind of heat, it’s been a challenge (especially at night) to sit still while writing, but, the words are more important. To help, I imagine the time before ac and fans and think about big men in vests sweating over their typewriters, but still working. The image works for me *shrugs*.
2) After days of giving my YAntasy characters false hope that they would be getting out of Dodge soon, I finally wrote it in last night, so they shouldn’t be as mad anymore.
3) I’m working out ideas for short stories in my head; want to write a few when I complete the YAntasy. Thinking of entering competitions (finally).
4) I submitted peddle baby (otherwise known as the science fiction) to a couple agents and have also passed it onto a few (new) beta readers again. I’m also going to reread it soon, for the ‘manyth’ time but, I want another fresh look.
5) My voice auditions were so fun and my major difficulty was getting ‘grunts’, ‘groans’ etc, right. The panel said I did a good job and really “understood the character” but that I needed more work. I was sold on ‘good job’ :D. It felt great to do something I wasn’t accustomed to and, get decent reviews, woot!
6) I’ve been making lists, lists for things to come that you’re sure to enjoy as much as I do when what’s on those lists is implemented :).
7) Check out my new page, ‘Caribbean Dos & Don’ts’ which from this week will give travellers an inside look into Caribbean culture. I’ll add another pointer every Friday and alternate between the two :).
Smile and share one with someone else. See all of you Monday :).